Thursday, May 26, 2005

Wrapping it up

Another week gone by with not as much accomplished as I wanted, but still enough to call it a good week. We are done with spelling after today's test and are about done with lang arts. I think it is time to call it a year since we are leaving today for a wedding and Superboy will be spending the entire next week with family. It would be unrealistic to expect him to jump back into school at that time, I think. Plus, he deserves a break. He has had such a great attitude. I think we will continue math through most of the summer. Just some easy review stuff to keep him sharp for next year. He has made such progress since coming home for school that I would hate to see him lose it. Perhaps we will continue the writing project he has started and seems to be enjoying. If we do, it will be ina relaxed way. Otherwise just reading some really good books. He has really gotten into the Redwall books and the Narnia Chronicles. I am thrilled, of course, cause those are quality reads. He sure does love to read. Coming home has given him that. That in itself makes the homeschooling worth it.
As for me...continuing to plan for next year...I am really looking forward to it...

No comments: